CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Adventure as a blogger


Hi! I am excited to have this set up so I can journal in a fun way and try to capture the amazing joy I find each day of my life with my wonderful husband, children, grandchildren and daughters-in-law and son-in-law (singular so far). I have been inspired by Susan and Sarah - so here goes. I hope I can figure this out.

Today was Erynne's 17th birthday. We started out with the traditional "breakfast in bed". She was congenial and allowed us to sing - then quickly ate and went back to sleep. She slept until 9:15 am when I asked her to drive Todd to the ortho to have his braces removed (picture forthcoming). She kindly drove him and sat and waited (on her birthday!) for an hour and a half. When she got home, we left to go to lunch with Betty Ann and Malia. It was fun - we went to Erynne's favorite restuarant - Olive Garden. We enjoyed a nice lunch of Salad, soup and breadsticks. Then sat a talked for quite a while, until a slice of white chocolate cheesecake was delivered and we sang "Happy Birthday".

Following lunch, Erynne and I went to the mall, where she found some jeans at A&F ( I don't like that store - it has bad pictures all over), then we went to Nordstroms and found some cute shirts on sale. We came home and I told Erynne she had to get rid of 5 things because she bought 5 new things....

Todd was excited to get his braces off - he can eat chips and the Dr. even gave him a Snickers bar - something was a no no for braces. He looks nice and feels comfortable in his new mouth.

Tyler went to the temple tonight with our youth to do baptisms - he took 23 family names with him. I reminded him to be careful with those papers - the represent real people who are anxiously waiting for their temple work to be done. I am going to work on my family history again tonight - something I haven't done for about a week - I really miss it and all those people waiting are nagging me to get back at it!

I tried to click the link to post a picture or two but it doesn't seem to be working - I will try again

4 comments:

Ryan Chapman said...

Great Start!
You are on the path. I don't think you can officially celebrate until you hit your 20th post. I think there are thousands (if not millions) of blogs with three posts.
I'm excited to keep up with the newest goings on.

T. Chapman said...

Yeah, look at mine. I don't even have 20 after almost 8 months!

Looks like you figured out the photos though.

Ryan Chapman said...

I'm only at nine! Susan is at 88! What's Sarah at? Seems like she has quite a few too.

Karen said...

this is too cool...I wish I was so computor saavy.